Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family



The Thornton reunion was last Saturday. The turn-out was a little disappointing since only my Tom attended from Aunt Betty and Uncle Russel's family. It is probably mostly my fault since I didn't do a good enough job notifying everyone. But I was so happy to have my family there. I scrapped the above layout with pictures from my immediate family. Been working on this layout for several days and fine-tuning it with help from my Scrap Girl friends. I am really happy with the result.

On another note, my favorite pizza restaurant opened back up in Des Moines today. I thought we were to get together with the kids for pizza so I worked my Weight Watcher points today to keep them low to allow enough points for tonight. (Did I mention I have recommitted to Weight Watchers?) Anyway there was no Little Caesars tonight. So what was I going to have for dinner since I had plenty of points? I stopped at Findley's Meat Market to get Roger a brisket sandwich and then went to Little Caesars and picked up a pizza--for me. I ate three slices (15 points) and stayed away from the Crazy Bread--boy am I crazy for their crazy bread. Fifteen points sounds like a lot, especially when you only get 18 points a day; however I had only used eight points during the day. I walked on my lunch to earn two activity points, after supper went riding bikes for three activity points, and then mowed the lawn for another acitvity point for a total of six activity points today.

Didn't do good tracking points on Saturday and Sunday so I just crossed off all my flex points. My weigh in is Thursday. I sure hope I have a loss.