Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy Birthday G.G. and Happy New Year

Happy new year to everyone. Hope everyone had a happy and safe New Years Eve. We went out to dinner and then stopped by our son's house and spent a couple hours with their family. We were home and I was in bed by 10:45, where I watched the ball drop in New York at midnight (11 p.m. for me). Does that count for seeing the new year in?

My mother is a New Years baby and we visited her yesterday to help celebrate her 83 birthday. She is called G.G. by her great grandkids. Here's a picture of her with six of her eight great grandkids. We sure wished we could have gotten the two older boys in it but they live in another state. Maybe soon!


Then after visiting her Jaren and Keira came over for us to watch while their parents went to a movie. I called and asked Carrie to bring Cailey, Mia, and Luke over too. Grandpa brought out a train and sat it up on the kitchen table for the kids to watch/play with. Jaren and Luke played with Hot Wheel cars and toys and Keira played in the bouncy saucer or was held by Uncle Dave, Aunt Carrie, Mia, or Grandma. Had a great day. I unfortunately forget to get my camera out when everyone is here. Perhaps Carrie will post a picture or two she took with her new camera? Here is a shot of my empty beverage containers after they left: