Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm taking a class

I'm taking a class at http://www.jessicasprague.com called Type+Writer. It is a two week course where one day I receive a journaling prompts and writing guidance video techniques for typography, which I'll then consolidate each of these lessons and create *six* layouts from all-new templates, supposedly to allow me to focus on the words that preserve my memories AND improve my skills with the Type tool. I supposedly will end the class with a whole new confidence in my writing abilities (yes, when pigs fly), a "heart filled with appreciation for all you love in life, and awesome Photoshop skills to last a lifetime."

Here is my first layout


The list is 2,280 miles driven, 3 wineries and breweries visited, 120 trains we saw, 50 hours spent in t he car, 3 hours white water rafting, 3 trails hiked, 1 Adventure. The journaling reads "Our trip to colorado was so much fun. It turned out to be a railroad-theme vacation, including riding the cog railroad to the top of Pikes Peak, riding the Royal Gorge Railroad, and visiting the Train Museum in Golden. We also visited the Holy Cross Winery, Coors Brewery, and Snowy Peaks Winery.