Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beautiful weekend gone crappy and project 365

I've been noticing for several weeks that I can't manually focus on one of my lenses. Then the last two days, when I try to shoot in the aperture, shutter, or manual mode, the pics come out way too dark, even though my meter in manual mode say's its right on. So today I took the camera and the lens to Christian Photo to get their opinion. The lens housing is pulling apart, apparently from a drop or something. I left it with them for repair and it is going to cost me between $150 and $250. They said the camera also needs repaired.

The camera was purchased on ebay from a store that goes by various names, including Cyber Discount Warehouse and Shop Sunshine, along with a 3-year platinum warranty from a company called RepairTech. I tried contacting them, only to find they are out of business and I'm out of luck. So now I'm going to have to pay out of my pocket to get it fixed too. Nikon is estimating around $170 to repair it. So I'm (1) going to be without a camera for awhile, and (2) I'm going to have to possibly shell out in the neighborhood $420. There goes my project 365.

UPDATE: My Dear Husband played around with the camera and found that the exposure adjustment had been changed. Put it back at zero and the camera is working great. Yea Roger!!! You are fantastic.