Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hummie's Challenge


I am participating in some scrapbooking challenges. The first challenge is a title challenge--"As you Grow, So do I." Since my kiddos are grown, what came to mind was our "photo tree" we cut down last year. I loved seeing how small the tree was once. You can even see our poodle Lady's chain draped up the tree in the first picture. This chain you can still see a small portion of embedded in the trunk of the tree. Interesting thing about the angle of most our pictures--it is the Fisher's house and not ours that always appears in the background.

The journaling reads:

I was the Jorgenson Family's official photo tree until the summer of 2008 when a summer storm tore me apart.

I was planted one year before Carrie was born and from that point forward all the official family photos were taken in front of me, such as first day of school, holiday photos, and graduation. Even Cailey and Mia's first day of preschool photos were taken in front of me. I don't think the Jorgenson's realized when they had me cut down that a big part of their family history disappeared with me.