Friday, September 03, 2010


Last week there was a fire at an apartment complex near my house. We first heard all the sirens and then could smell the smoke. The ambulance chaser that I am, it is surprising I waited two hours to go check it out. Of course I grabbed my camera. Two hours later and it was still burning. The apartment complex was a complete loss with 27 apartment dwellers losing everything. The fire was the result an explosion caused by meth makers.

Thank you to all firefighters -- especially the Des Moines Fire Department.