Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sweet & Simple April Part 1




April 1 was family night with Easter egg hunt and pizza. April 2 the Okland grand kids spent the night and we visited GG in the care center and then went to her house to play with the kitties. On April 3 Roger and I hit the road to visit some Iowa wineries, including White Oak, Snus Hill, and Santa Maria.
April 4 was Easter Sunday. After dinner some people crashed on the sofa after dinner. April 5 the daffodils are in full bloom. I need to clean out my flower beds. April 6 I visited Gray’s Lake on my lunch as it was a beautiful day. April 7 visited Mom after the Neighborhood Revitalization Board approved Ft. Des Moines’ application. She is looking great.

March 8 spent the evening at my childhood home freshening up for my mother’s home visit. March 9 enjoying my flower bed. March 10 was a busy day. I washed quilts at the laundromat, took 3 dogs to the veterinarian (alone) for shots and heartworm testing, and made Mom’s bed with the help of Penny. March 11 went to Gray’s Lake to walk and caught this beautiful sunrise
April 12 the City Council officially recognized the FortDes Moines Neighborhood Association. On the 13th I made myself one of my “smoothers” for breakfast. Went to Sacred Heart Church on the 14th to see the girls sing.

April 15 I visited Leiserwitz to check out Tamron 18-270 lens I am coveting.
April 16 my mother returned home to live after residing in the hospital or care facility since February 22.
April 17 I drove through Water Works Park to enjoy the flowering trees.
April 18 we visited the zoo with Jeremy, Sarah, and the kids.
April 19 I enjoyed watching the birds at my feeder.
April 20 enjoying my tulips with my new Tamron 18-270mm lens.
April 21 was a visit to Home Depot to exchange a lawn mower we had recently purchased.